Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some illustrations that I have done for a children's book that I am working on:





These are some of the illustrations that I have been working on for a children's book for a local author here in Albuquerque.

This is so much fun! And what a challenge! The story is called "The Black Rainbow" about a little boy who sees a rainbow at night! It's true, there is such a thing!

The story caught my attention right away. The author, Dawn Em Davis, has a lyrical way with words. I can't wait to get this published for it will surely capture the imagination of a child. It did mine! Will give the first copy to my niece (below) for her critique ;)

This book will have twelve illustrations in total and I am halfway done. You will have to buy the book to read the story and see the rest ;)

It is my first book project and I have another lined up right behind it. That one I intend to use a watercolor-type style and it lends itself to a pop-up book.

I wonder how one designs pop-up books? Any ideas?

This has been a super fun project and I hope to do many, many more!

No comments: