Friday, August 29, 2008

Layers

A set of magnets I have just added to SignatureLeiLei.

I was playing with layers when I made these and I think the photo highlights them well. I like the contrast between the clean, geometric shapes of the square. You can really concentrate on the height of each layer and the contrast of the shapes themselves in this mini sculpture.

I love the round shape whose base or background is a pretty clean circle, only a few rough edges. Then as the levels progress the shape starts to degrade, with natural edges and clean edges on the same layer. The sharp square of glass gives a nice contrast to its setting.

I have a bunch of new beads that I am currently shooting. All playing with the line between the material itself and changing its surface just slightly to mimic other materials.

I am struggling with the photography, though as I do not have a tripod. I am a steady person except when I am holding the camera!! I am usually able to get the good shot. It just takes more takes and therefore extends the photo taking process which seems to lead to putting off the photo taking in lieu of actually making the stuff. So now I have a whole bunch of new products to get up on my sites but no pix. Guess I've got to get BUSY!!

Let me know what you think about these magnets. (Or anything else you wish to comment on in my blog! ;)

No comments: