Monday, October 13, 2008

My new love!

These are my first design using a fantastic medium called Precious Metal Clay. Not so new on the market but new for me!

I was trained in metalsmithing in college at Syracuse University what feels like a hundred years ago. Actually only 13 years or so ago. But because setting up a metal studio was so pricey I hadn't been able to work in metals for the longest time. The introduction of PMC has totally opened up a new world for me and I am so excited to explore and experiment with this new medium.

I am pleased with the outcome of these earrings and can't wait to give them as a gift to my sister-in-law for her birthday. This material is actually a purer form of silver, .999 pure. Most silver jewelry that we are used to seeing in the stores is called sterling which is .925 pure. The best part about this is that you can make pieces without having to use the lost wax casting method. And thus I do not need as many tools and equipment to create silver pieces.

These earrings are the first of what I expect to be a long and loving relationship with PMC.  Yippee! Fun! Fun! Fun!

1 comment:

SM said...

I really like these!! Super pretty!
Keep it up. . . .